Internationally Renowned Bariatric Surgeon
Rami Lutfi, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.A.S.M.B.S.
- Board Certified Surgeon Specializing in Bariatrics
- Clinical Associate Professor at University of Illinois Chicago
- Fellowship in Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery: Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Former President of the Illinois Association of Bariatric Surgery
- He is one of only a few surgeons who educates new surgeons how to perform successful, minimally invasive bariatric surgery.
- One of the first five physicians trained in North America on the ORBERA® Intragastric Balloon
- Placed the 1st gastric sleeve in the state of Illinois
- First to place a gastric balloon in the Midwest.
- Performed over 2500 weight loss procedures.
- President of the ASMBS Foundation.